Have you ever canceled your train ticket and got a refund and wondered about the cancellation charges? Well, IRCTC keeps on modifying the refund rules from time to time. Hence, we must be well informed about the ticket cancellation charges and new refund rules. In this article, we discuss the latest train cancellation charges 2020 as well as the fee for tickets booked offline or IRCTC.
Train Tickets Cancellation Fee for Tickets Booked Offline or IRCTC
1. Cancellation of confirmed reservation tickets before 48 hours of the scheduled departure of the train attracts following cancellation charges:
- AC/executive class – Rs 240
- Second AC/first class – Rs 200
- Third AC/ACC/3A economy – Rs 180
- Second sleeper class – Rs 120
- Second class – Rs 60.
2. The train ticket cancellation charges will be 25%, upon cancellation of confirmed tickets between 12 and 48 hours before the train’s departure.
3. The cancellation charges are 50% upon cancelling the confirmed reserved tickets between 4 to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
4. The cancellation charges are Rs 30 for unreserved second class and Rs 60 for reserved second class on canceling unreserved, RAC, and waitlisted tickets.
5. You can also claim the refund offline at the PRS counters of Indian Railways. All you need to do is fill in the cancellation requisition form with PNR, and you would receive the refund amount inline with the payment mode.
6. It is important to note that the cancellation charges remain the same for tickets booked both online as well as offline.
IRCTC Cancellation Policy
In the case of Wait-list e-tickets, if the status remains in the waitlist even after the preparation of the chart, then the passengers will be given a full refund. There would be no cancellation charges, and the refund amount will be credited to the account upon which the booking took place.
Cancellation Charges for Full Train Cancellation
In case of full cancellation of the train from the source station to the destination, an automatic refund will be credited back to the account. There is no need to file TDR in such circumstances.
Cancellation Charges for Partial Train Cancellation
In case of partial cancellation of the train, one needs to file TDR before 72 hours from the scheduled departure of the train at the source station.
Cancellation Charges for Train Running late or Passengers not Travelled
Passengers receive a full refund, and there would be no cancellation charges in case the train is running late by more than 3 hours of the scheduled departure.