In the wake of increasing crimes in railway stations and trains, the Indian Railways has started a new initiative body-cameras. The RPF personnel would wear body cameras that record all the happenings in the station and also on trains. The RPF (Railway Protection Force) personnel would wear the body-worn cameras while they are patrolling on platforms as well as during train escorting duty. The new initiative by India Railways ought to reduce the crimes that happen in railway stations and trains. By every passing day, there is a visible increase in crimes such as chain-snatching, eve-teasing, molestation, child trafficking, and more. The Indian Railways has been the destination for criminals owing to a large number of people. This presents an opportunity for the criminals to carry on their activities en masse for maximum gain. But all that is set to change with the introduction of body-worn cameras by Indian Railways.
Specifications of the Body-worn security cameras
- The body-worn camera systems pack some exciting specifications and features.
- The camera systems offer an impressive camera resolution of 1280X720 pixels. It comes with a 10MP camera image sensing capacity.
- The camera sports 100-109 degree wide-angle lens
- The storage capacity of the system is 32GB, and it comes with a battery capacity of 3200mAh.
- Further, the cameras can record 1080p videos and also support night vision.
- Also Read: UMID Card by Indian Railways: How to Register, Login to Portal and Download the Medical Card, Full Details
Benefits of the Body-Worn Cameras
- The body-worn cameras would keep a check on the criminal activities and reduce antisocial behavior.
- The system is said to augment the capabilities of RPF personnel in the protection of the railway materials as well as ensuring passenger security.
- They come in handy in places where there are no CCTVs and monitor such places.
- The body-worn cameras support night vision can record and capture critical events in remote or dark places.
- As the cameras come with high resolution, these recorded videos can also be used as a piece of evidence for submitting to the court.
- The recorded videos can be analysed from time to time and help railways keep track of any suspicious person.