The first and foremost requirement before proceeding with booking retiring rooms in railways is to have a confirmed ticket. For booking retiring rooms, all you need to do is log in to your IRCTC account using your credentials. Click on the four lines present beside the IRCTC icon on the top right corner.
From the list of available options, click on the option “At Stations.” Then select the Retiring room from the drop-down menu.
You would then be redirected to the IRCTC tourism website, where you can proceed with the booking.
Alternatively, download the IRCTC tourism app from the Google Play or App Store and log in to your account by providing the credentials. Then select the “Retiring Room” from the list of available options. You then need to provide the PNR number of your travel ticket to proceed with the booking.
The retiring rooms are the best affordable options for the travelers as they are present in the stations itself. The bedsheets and pillows that are offered are similar to those offered in the AC train coaches. A toilet and a bathroom accompany the retiring rooms. The retiring rooms are hygenic, safe, and clean.
What is an IRCTC Retiring Room?
For those unaware, the IRCTC retiring Room is the accommodation offered by Indian Railways and are present at all major railway stations, where a bonafide passenger can stay for a few days. There are multiple options available such as Single, Double, and Dormitory with AC and non AC combinations. But to book a retiring room, one needs to have a confirmed train ticket (Confirmed/ RAC). It should be noted that one can book retiring rooms only at the origin as well as destination stations. The retiring rooms can be booked online as well as offline mode.
How Can I Cancel a Retiring Room Booking?
You can cancel the retiring room booking through the IRCTC website. Follow the step by step guide to cancel your retiring room booking.
- Visit the website https://www.rr.irctctourism.com/#/accommodation/in/ACBooklogin
- Under My Account, select “Retiring Room” option and then select Retiring Room booked
- Choose the corresponding ticket that you wanted to cancel
- Then click on the little red cross to proceed with the cancellation.
Cancellation Charges for Retiring Rooms
- A deduction of 10% before 48 hours from the day of occupation.
- If the occupation duration is less than 48 hours, then there is a deduction of 50% on cancellation.
- A 100% deduction subject to the cancellation on the same day of occupation.
Further, there would be an additional 12% GST on cancellation charges.