The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd., also known as IRCTC lets you book railway travel tickets online, cancel tickets, book tatkal tickets online, using the IRCTC website as well as a mobile app. If you are a frequent traveller, then having an online IRCTC account is an absolute necessity. It helps save you a lot of time and eliminates the hassle of visiting the nearby railway station to book journey tickets. You can happily book train tickets online from the comforts of your home. For this, the users need to register themselves on the IRCTC website or the app. It is quite easy to create a new IRCTC account and can be completed within a short time. All you need to have is a valid mobile number, email ID for registering as an individual user.
IRCTC Sign up and Registration Process
Booking a ticket on IRCTC website/app is extremely easy! All one needs to do is Sign up and complete the one-time registration process and create an account online. Follow our step by step guide to register and create an IRCTC account online. The process is quite simple and straightforward and can be completed in minutes.
- First, visit the official IRCTC website Home page (www.irctc.co.in)
- Now click IRCTC sign up link present below the login option
- You will then be redirected to the IRCTC registration form.
- Enter the username; it should be between 4 to 10 characters.
- Next, you need to furnish the details such as the name, gender, marital status, occupation, date of birth, and so on.
- Furnish your valid mobile number and email ID
- Enter your full address including the Pin Code.
- Enter the Captcha present in the image and click on the submit button
- You then need to verify the account by entering the code sent to your email address/ the mobile number and click on submit button.
- An email will be sent to the registered email address along with user ID, password, and activation link.
- Voila! You have successfully completed the IRCTC registration process.
- You can then login to your account using the IRCTC login details.
Book Reserved Train Ticket Online on IRCTC Mobile App/ Website
Now, you have a valid IRCTC online account at your disposal. The next thing you can do is to book a reserved train ticket online on IRCTC App/Website.
- Visit the IRCTC website (www.irctc.co.in) or if you are a mobile user, you can download the IRCTC app from Google Play/ App Store.
- Login to your account using the User ID and the password
- Click on the “Plan My Journey” option.
- You then need to provide the origin and destination stations, journey date, class, and continue with the booking.
- Select the train from the list of available options.
- Check for availability and click “Book Now”
- Enter the passenger details including the age, gender and so on
- Proceed to payment and complete the transaction using any of the available payment methods.
- Payment options include net banking, credit/debit card/ Paytm/UPI.
After successful booking, the passenger receives the booking message to the registered email ID as well as the mobile number. It contains full details such as the passenger, name, gender, PNR status, PNR number, train number, name and so on.
Cancellation of IRCTC e-Ticket
You can not only book e-tickets through the IRCTC account, but can also cancel the e-ticket. The e-ticket can be canceled until the preparation of the final chart. Please follow the steps below to cancel the e-ticket. You can opt for a full/partial cancellation of the e-ticket. Before that, you must be well aware of the train ticket cancellation charges. Follow the steps below to cancel the e-ticket.
- Visit the official website (www.irctc.co.in), in case of mobile, you have to open the IRCTC mobile app.
- Go to Booked Tickets section
- You can find a list of e-tickets booked for the account
- Select the e-tickets to be canceled by selecting the passengers.
- Click on the cancel button to confirm the same.
- A message pops up, wherein it asks for further confirmation.
- Click Ok to proceed.
- The cancellation will be confirmed online.
- A refund will be credited to the user’s account after the deduction of applicable cancellation charges.